Monday, October 3, 2011

When Summer Ends, You Always Look Back at the Memories, Plus Some Advice

Well, it's fall, and school has started. This is all about my summer. Sit down and enjoy.

 In August, my cousins James & Jordenne came up from Indiana. We went to the water park and Cedar Point with my other cousin Jahliya. James and Jordenne were also up here for my mom's cousin's wedding. We had fun while they were here. I wish summer was still here, but I'm glad I can see my friends from school again.
 We started school August 24th, but we found out who our teacher was before school ended. Our teacher is Mr. Glibert, and he's really funny. He has a different perspective of things, and it's interesting to me. He calls himself, "The Master of Useless Things" because once every day he will tell us some useless fact about something. We have been learning algebra and that kind of thing. it's not easy to comprehend at first, but then after a while you finally get it.
 Being in middle school is some hard work. Plus it's an awkward 3 years in a child's life. You're not little, but you're not big. You're in between, and that's when the, "fitting in" thing starts. A lot of kids think that you have to be popular in middle school so when you get to high school you're popular there. That's not it at all. You probably won't have the exact same kids at your high school, and after a while nobody will care.
 What I'm saying to all you middle and high schoolers, don't try to be popular so you're popular in high school. Being popular because you have a talent that is very useful is a good thing. Being popular because you're pretty isn't good. No college is going to accept you because you were the prettiest in school. They want to accept you because of your skills. You do want to go to a good college right? Find something you're good at, and go at it.

Well, that's all I've got to say. Have a great school year, and a great fall for the rest of you. (=
Corena

No comments:

Post a Comment