Monday, April 18, 2011

Cleaning a Fish Tank

Ok, so a few days ago, we had to clean our fish tank. There were tons of problems with that.

First of all, you are supposed to clean it once a week. We’ve been cleaning it like once every 3 weeks. It takes us like 45 min-1 hour to clean the whole tank. After that, you have to test the water with an at-home-tank-test. Or, you can go up to PetSmart and have them test it. I will show the steps to it to let you know how hard it is to take care of the tank.

1.    You have to scrub the algae off of the inside of the tank (which takes thousands of years). (20 min.)

2.    Clean the filter, change the filter cartridges out, and clean the light, and other decorations (it’s really gross stuff in there). (20 min.)

3.    Drain 45% of the water out. (3 min.)

4.    Put more water back in and check the temperature. (5 min.)

5.    Put the filter, light, and decorations back in the tank. (2 min.)

6.    Test the water. (3 min.)



Ok, so now you know how much time and energy it takes to clean a tank. The worst thing about it seemed like it was everlasting. You’d think cleaning a dog was hard. That isn’t anything like this.

My tip to you: If you want a fish, get ready for the hard work.


1 comment:

  1. Everlasting huh? You are funny! We had a 20 gallon fish tank when I was about your age and I remember doing all that you listed. I enjoyed keeping the fish. After my cold-water fish died, I thought about getting tropical fish but I gained other interests when I started 7th grade.

    ReplyDelete